“The Twilight of the gods nears,
Brother will kill brother,
Families sundered by incest,
Four ages afoot,
An Axe Age, A Sword Age,
Where shields are cloven,
A Wind Age, A Wolf Age,
Where the world falls,
No one shall be spared…”
Everything has a beginning, and the Norns dictate that what has a beginning will have an end… Welcome to the beginning of the end! The age of patience, reason, and restraint has been overshadowed by an age of rage, vengeance, and destruction. Old grievances have resurfaced and reparations come in blood, rivers of blood!
Welcome to the rune-based Viking RPG called Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok. The stories are based on the ancient Viking sagas, and the mythology is legendary! Players take on the roles of heroic personas that have a key role to play during the final ages of Ragnarok. They may choose from 7 archetypes and will use the Runic Game System (RGS) to determine their ultimate success or failure. Using a set of rune stones, the players will cast intricate spells and deal devastating blows in a visceral and tactical combat system. They will partake in telling the tale of mighty heroes fighting in the dark age for a cause greater than their own mortality. And should they die a valorous death in battle, Valkyries will take them to the heavens to be reborn as mighty Einherjar or Sons of Muspel… and they will now fight alongside the Gods and the Jotuns at Ragnarok!
- A complete rule book with everything the players will need to play the game!
- Includes stickers to create your own rune sets
- Includes the rune play-mat
- Choose to play from 7 mortal and 3 immortal archetypes!
- Over 70 abilities for each archetype!
- Metal or wood Futhark rune sets sold separately
- Countless monsters, magic items and exotic locales in which to spin your own sagas!