Modiphius Entertainment presents the John Carter of Mars RPG: Collectors Slipcase Set. Contained within the wonderfully illustrated slipcase you'll find the Adventures in the Dying World of Barsoom core rulebook and the Phantoms of Mars campaign book; Everything you need to take on the role of heroes as you travel, battle, and romance your way across the wondrous and dangerous world of Barsoom.
Adventures in the Dying World of Barsoom
• An overview of Barsoom and its peoples, perfect to introduce new players to the wondrous world of John Carter of Mars.
• Detailed chapters on Barsoomian technology, creatures, and cultures.
• A new talent focused, narrative variation of the 2d20 system including a step-by-step character generation system designed to create heroes from a variety of backgrounds and concepts.
• Create a wide variety of characters such as a Dashing Red Martian Duelist, a Brilliant First Born Scientist, a Savage Beastmaster, a Courageous Airship Officer, even Earthborn characters, so players can follow in the bounding footsteps of John Carter himself!
• A detailed narrator's section filled with information on how to run genre-and-setting appropriate campaigns, including information about the great and terrible secrets of Barsoom.
• Three eras of play based on the adventures of John Carter himself. Adventure during the Dotar Sojat era, or adventure during the time where Carter became a Prince of Helium and in the years after when he was believed dead, or fight alongside Carter and his allies during the later Jeddak of Jeddaks era.
• An introductory adventure, The Mind Merchants of Mars, to get players and narrators started on their adventures and immersed in the world of Barsoom.
Phantoms of Mars
• Uncover the Eidolon conspiracy using your wits, brawn, and the help of your companions.
• Adventure to familiar locales and new locations, as the campaign takes you across the dying Red Planet.
• New rules and statistics for narrator characters are included for each adventure.
• New creatures are introduced, with their new rules and statistics explained.
• Narrator advice is included on how to inset the campaign into your ongoing game, or as a separate storyline.
• Rules for miniatures combat builds on the 2d20 system conflict mechanics, for a standalone skirmish wargame experience.